It’s More Than Skin Deep!
The internal functioning of your body reflects externally on your skin. For a healthy and radiant skin it is important to minimize and
eliminate the toxins and wastes build up within the body. Various organs in the body contribute for waste removal but however if one of
these channels malfunction, the skin reflects these additional stress.
The best way is to improve the functions of these elimination channels is to consultant your Practitioner for natural products/treatments –
leading to a healthy skin and in turn a healthy body.
There are 5 major channels which help in clearing waste and toxins from the body:
· Digestive System
· Lymphatic System
All of these channels have to work without any congestion. If one of them fails to function normally, it will lead to the other channel
working harder to remove the waste from the body resulting in skin problems such as – acne, dermatitis, eczema or
psoriasis. These skin problems will be difficult to treat if the underlying issue (over burdening of metabolic waste) is not diagnosed
Cleaning Out the Gutters and Pipes
The functioning of the channels of elimination is improved by the use of herbal medicines, traditionally. For instance –
The Lymphatic system: It is a network of small, thin vessels that is responsible for the removal of waste fluids from the body tissues and
transporting immune cells around the body.
For Lymphatic healthy functioning cleavers (Galium aparine), burdock (Arctium Iappa), nettle (Urtica dioica), red
sage (Salvia miltiorrhiza), and blue flag (Iris versicolour) were used.
A healthy lymphatic function results in a healthy, radiant and vibrant skin, which in turn means removal of toxic burden.
How Can Diet and Lifestyle Help?
Before you go to your Practitioner, you can be your own mentor by following some simple diet and lifestyle to help you have a better skin.
1. For the proper function of the channels of elimination, make sure you intake adequate plant-based fibre and water.
· 3 cups of colourful fresh vegetables would look good on your dinner plate and help your skin
· Berries are rich in antioxidant – have at least 2 pieces of berries or 1 cup of fresh fruit daily.
· Limit on carbohydrates containing starch – 1 or 2 serves of bread, rice, cereal or potatoes for the day.
· Avoid soft drinks and cordials; instead have at least 8 glasses of water. Add fresh lemon, lime and mint for natural flavouring.
2. Keep yourself active by exercising daily. Sweating helps to remove toxins and increase the blood flow in your body.
3. Before your morning shower – brush your skin, it helps to clear waste products by stimulating lymphatic circulations.
Clear your body for clean skin
Skin deep problems such as acnes, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis occur due to poor functioning of
the channels of elimination.
With natural herbal medicines, lifestyle modifications and dietary change you can make sure your internals are supported well, therefore
having a good external appearance.
Every individual requires a unique tailor made strategy. Visit your Practitioner to get yours!
Make your skin look beautiful inside-out.