The Cura clinic uses a variety of functional pathology tests to investigate biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormone status. The results provide essential information to assist with diagnosis, treatment and management of you. Testing provides a tool for early intervention, management and monitoring of ongoing treatment efficacy and cuts out guesswork.
Please note – all charges are paid directly to the laboratories. A consultation is necessary to refer ALL tests and a consultation is necessary for result interpretation.
Why Should You Use Functional Testing?
- To determine the baseline status of you prior to treatment, as part of a holistic approach
- To eliminate guesswork and save money
- Quality scientific testing and clearly see the need for treatment path
- To monitor progress and treatment efficacy – you can see the progress
- Helpful in trying to establish the cause of disease or imbalances
Some Common Tests Include:
- IgG food panel allergy testing and sensitivity test
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis
- parasite stool test (metametrix or similar)
- Functional Liver Detoxification Profile
- Fructose Malabsorption breath test
- Intestinal Permeability test
- Hair Mineral Analysis
- Autism Profile
- Hormone Saliva and blood profile
There are many more pathology test commonly recommended to patients so please ask the clinic if you would like something specific tested. Our clinic uses services from three main pathology centres and they are Diagnostic Insight, Healthscope and Perth pathology.
Female Hormone Salivary test
The Female Hormone Profile monitors changes in hormone status over the course or part of the menstrual cycle, by measuring the sex hormones.
Saliva specimens are collected on specified days of the month, according to the nature of the investigation, e.g. a full cycle profile for a pre-menopausal woman or the luteal phase only in premenopausal or peri-menopausal women.
Hormone level test
The Baseline Hormone Profile provides valuable information on an individual’s hormonal status and the potential impact this may have on physical and emotional health. Hormonal imbalance may result in a symptom picture which includes weight gain, mood swings, night sweats, disturbed sleep pattern, loss of libido and hot flushes.
Urinary Elements test
The Comprehensive Urine Elements Profile (CUEP) assesses the urinary excretion of 15 nutrient elements and 20 toxic metals, acquired through either chronic or acute exposure. This is an ideal test for patients suspected of toxic metal exposure as well as potential nutrient deficiency.
Urinary Amino Acid profile
Amino Acids play a significant role in the body – and with deficiency comes all types of illnesses. Amino-acids are derived from proteins consumed in the diet.
The Amino Acid Analysis measures 38 amino acids to evaluate dietary protein adequacy, digestion, absorption, transport, metabolic impairments and nutritional deficits including essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Essential Fatty acid report
An increasing amount of evidence indicates that Essential Fatty Acids can prevent a wide range of medical problems, including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis, inflammation and even depression.
With all the attention being on a ‘low-fat’ diet, some may wonder why ingesting plenty of ‘fatty acids’ can be a good thing. So are you getting enough of these beneficial fats?Or are you at risk of developing serious deficiency symptoms
CoQ10 level testing
Co-enzyme Q10 is a natural substance produced by the body that is known to enhance stamina, aid weight loss, combat cancer prevent and treat heart disease. This essential element is found in all living creatures, however aging and lifestyle factors can dramatically reduce the level of this crucial antioxidant. Are your CoQ10 levels adequate?
The above are available after a consultation at the clinic to help determine the underlying causes of your health condition. These are only some and not all are listed. If you require a specific test, please contact the clinic.
- Adrenocortex Stress profile (4x samples)
- Adrenocortex Stress profile Extensive
- Female cycle (28 day hormone profile)
- Female hormones – basic
- Male hormones – basic
- Male hormone profile – extensive
- Sleep profile
- many more
- Coeliac profile – Transglut IgA & IgG, Gliadin IgA & IgG, total IgA)
- Candida antibodies/antigen (serum IgG, IgA, IgM and antigen)
- Iron Studies
- Vitamin D serum
- Cortisol profile
- PSA and free PSA
- Thyroid – extensive (TSH, T3, T4, r-T3, TPO Ab, ATG Ab, TSH rec Abs)
- Insulin Resistance Index
- many more
- Adrenal Hormone profile – Level 1
- Adrenal Hormone profile – Level 2
- Adrenal Hormone Profile – Level 3
- Adrogen profile
- Oestrogen metabolites – Level 1
- Oestrogen metabolites – Level 2
- Oestrogen metabolites – Level 3
- Female hormone profile – extensive
- Male hormone profile – extensive
- Oesteoporosis markers (N-Telepeptides)
- Thryoid profile (T3, T4, T4/T4 ratios, Tyrosine, Iodine, Selenium)
- Mauve factor – kryptopyrroles
- Environmental pollutant panel
- Iodine – loading test (Urinary)
- many more
- Calprotectin – inflammation markers (IBD vs IBS)
- Helicobacter pylori Antigen (Fecal)
- intestinal permeability (lactulose mannitol)
- Candida antibodies
- many more
ALLERGY TESTS – blood
- 96 Asian foods IgA
- 96 inhalants (16 allergens)
- 95 Vegetarian foods IgA
- IgE General foods 96 foods
- IgG General foods 96 foods
- Combined testing (eg IgG general or Asian and 15 vegetables)
- Allergy profile (IgG general or Asian 96 foods and Coeliac profile)
- Many other Allergy Testing Perth options are available
If you’re looking for the most effective nutrition and functional medicine testing in Perth, you’ve come to the right place. Led by Shannon Burford, Cura Clinic offers patients the opportunity to get natural health help with all kinds of health conditions, including difficult to treat cases.
In order to pinpoint what the underlying causes of these health issues are, we carry out nutrition and functional medicine testing that’s effective in getting to the root cause of problems.
When it comes to hormone testing in Perth, blood testing in Perth and the most effective stool testing Perth has to offer, Cura Clinic is always the number one choice.
Nutrition and Functional Medicine Testing in Perth
We offer all kinds of allergy testing and in Perth in addition to medicine allergy testing, hormone levels tests, urinary elements tests, and more. The conclusions that we can draw from testing your saliva, hair, blood or stool could give you the key to living a happier, and healthier life.
By investigating your biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormone status, we can assist with the diagnosis, treatment and management of different illnesses. All tests that we conduct, whether it be allergy testing in Perth or a urinary elements test, helps patients to cut out the guesswork and get to the source of their pain and discomfort.
Testing with Cura Clinic can help with the early intervention of a disease and it can be used as a tool to manage and monitor treatment plans. Many of these tests will not be available from your GP.
Why choose Cura Clinic?
When a traditional doctor does a blood test or an allergic rhinitis Perth test, he/she is normally looking for a disease that’s already been established. And while this may be useful for some patients, it’s not practical for those that are suffering with chronic symptoms but don’t know what’s causing them.
The team here are Cura Clinic will help to pinpoint the cause of your pain before the real damage is done. By offering such a wide selection of functional medicine testing in Perth, our aim is to assess patterns of imbalance that, without intervention, could lead to a more serious disease.
Once we’ve done the tests and we’ve pinpointed where your problems are, we can then work with you to formulate a natural treatment plan that’s devised according to your specific needs.
For example, if tests show that you’re allergic to dairy products, we can work to create an effective allergic reaction treatment that will improve your overall health and wellbeing.
Contact us today for more
For more information on nutrition and functional medicine in Perth, be sure to contact us today on 0141 463 0852.
Cura Integrative Medicine specializes in natural medicine in Perth. We offer naturopathic advice and consultations, Chinese herbal medicine and nutritional medicine. Cura Integrative Medicine provides testing for food allergies, testing for parasites, hormone level testing, underactive thyroid testing and testing for pyrrole disorder. Make an appointment with a Perth nutritionist, a Perth iridologist or a Perth naturopath.