Microbiome Functional Test
Approx $334.62 USD
In the last few decades, DNA analysis has transformed the field of microbiology and gut health testing. The Human Microbiome Project and research around the globe have characterized the GI microbiome. More than ever before, we are keenly aware of the health benefits and disease risks brought about by the microorganisms that inhabit the GI tract.
The Complete Microbiome Mapping Test was designed to assess a patient’s microbiome from a single stool sample, with particular attention to microbes that cause disease or that disrupt normal microbial balance and contribute to perturbations in the GI flora and contribute to illness.
The panel is a comprehensive collection of microbial targets as well as immune and digestive markers. It screens for pathogenic bacteria, commensal bacteria, opportunistic pathogens, fungi, viruses, and parasites
Who would benefit from getting this test?
Anyone who suffers from the following conditions would benefit from this test to get a clear picture of the microbiome
- Abdominal cramps or pain
- leaky gut symptoms
This test will give you a report based on a stool sample you give the lab.After ordering this product, you will immediately receive a test referral via email to order the kit with instructions of how to get the kit sent to your house/unit in Australia.
What is included?
- Around 8-10 page report with explanations of each part (length depends upon how many organisms are found)
- Treatment protocol to follow based on findings. Includes botanicals, nutrients, probiotic strain recommendations.
- PCR (quantitative)
- Parasites eg WhipwormCryptosporidium, Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia lamblia, Endolimax nana and more
- Worms eg Trichuris trichiura, Ascaris lumbricoides, Enterobius vermicularis and more
- Opportunistic Bacteria, eg. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Streptococcus species, Enterococcus faecalis, Staphylococcus species and more
- Fungi/Yeast eg Candida species., Microsporidium species, Geotrichum species. and more
- Bacterial Pathogens eg Campylobacter, Shiga-like Toxin E. coli stx1, Salmonella, Helicobacter Pylori virulence factors, E. coli O157
- Viral Pathogens eg Adenovirus 40/41, Norovirus GI/II and Bocavirus
- Beneficial Bacteria;
- Faecal Occult Blood,
- Pancreatic Elastase,
Get a sample report here - microbiome test sample report
How long until you get the results?
Normally once you send the kit off, results will come in and emailed to you in approximately 2 weeks. Sometimes it is faster at around 10
days and sometimes it can be 3 weeks. But on average is 2 weeks.
Sample can only be sent via included express post Australia post bag on a Monday or Tuesday.
IMPORTANT - READ FIRST BEFORE ORDERING
No refunds will be given if any of these points apply.
- This test can only be ordered in AUSTRALIA ONLY.
- INTERNATIONAL SAMPLES CANNOT BE TESTED.
- Purchase does NOT include consultation. If you require interpretation, you will need to have a consult via video, telephone or face-to-face. This is an additional cost through Cura Medicine.