Herbal Medicine Clinic Perth
Evidence-based Herbal Medicine
Over centuries of careful observation and the emergence of scientific study, herbs have been tested and trialed for their clinical evidence. Most of the research conducted is by pharmaceutical companies wishing to isolate a constituent for manufacturing and patents.
There is a growing amount of investigation into new herbal remedies in search of the truth to why and how they work. It has been estimated that less than 10% of all herbal medicines have been identified just from the Amazon jungle in South America. Thousands of scientific studies are being conducted and published each year, with journals completely dedicated to natural remedies.
Many herbal medicines are now being supported by scientific evidence and have been shown to relieve symptoms, treat disease and improve organ function. If a medical professional ever states there is no-evidence to prescribe herbal medicine or nutrition needs to read more current literature and update their qualifications. There are many Cochrane reviews on many herbal medicines supporting the effectiveness of these as being more effective than pharmaceutical medicines in many diseases.
Some examples of randomised clinical trials of herbal medicines include:
- Vitex agnus-castus herbs provide benefits for women with PMS
- Serenoa herbs are helpful for men with benign enlarged prostate (BPH)
- Elderberry (Sambuccus nigra) is effective for cold and flu symptoms
- Hawthorn berry improves heart function for people with cardiovascular disease
- Kava is effective for relieving anxiety symptoms
- St John’s wort is effective for mild to moderate depression
There are many more examples of safe, natural remedies, including herbs, to help with the management of diseases naturally. Read more…
Also referred to as botanical medicine, phytotherapy, herbalism and herbology, herbal medicine is the most ancient form of medicine. Herbal remedies and herbal treatments use the berries, leaves, seeds, bark, roots, and/or flowers of plants for medicinal purposes.
Plants have long been used for their nourishment and healing properties. Over the years, their rehabilitative and curative properties have made huge contributions to human health by helping to revitalise and balance well-being as well as preventing illnesses.
Herbal Medicine in Perth
If you’re looking for the best source of herbal medicine in Perth, you’ve come to the right place. I’m Shannon Burford and here at Cura Integrative Medicine, my mission is to educate and promote natural therapies for health, wellness and healing for children and families.
This core mission has lead Cura Integrative Medicine to become the best herbal medicine Perth clinic.
Whether you’re looking to learn more about Chinese herbal medicine, get some advice on natural remedies, or find out the many reasons why herbalism in Perth and Australia has become so popular, make Cura Clinic your first port of call.
The benefits of seeing a naturopath at Cura
- We’ve got an in-depth knowledge of all plant and herb medicines
- Diagnostic and clinical expertise is guaranteed
- Your individual needs will be taken into consideration as we’ll take your full health profile into account
- We give our patients the benefit of seeing the best herbalists Perth has to offer in a stress-free environment where they can relax and feel at ease
- Based on the information you share with us about your past medical history, your present condition and your lifestyle etc., we’ll be able to tell what elements are having the biggest impact on your health and well-being.From here, we’ll be able to advise and help you to take an holistic approach to improving your health by drawing up an effective treatment plan for you.
The best herbalists in Perth
The best herbalists in Perth are standing by at Cura Clinic to give you all of the advice and assistance you need to improve your overall health and well-being with natural remedies.
The benefits of choosing herbal remedies – whether it’s herbal tea for getting rid of bloating or herbal essences – have been proven. Herbal medicine was the first form of medicine to treat illnesses and alleviate symptoms and the scientific studies that have been done in recent years prove just how effective it is.
Contact Cura Clinic for more information. Shannon’s experience and knowledge is invaluable and Perth residents are hugely benefiting from all that he has to offer in terms of herbal medicine.
Cura Integrative Medicine specializes in natural medicine in Perth. We offer naturopathic advice and consultations, Chinese herbal medicine and nutritional medicine. Cura Integrative Medicine provides testing for food allergies, testing for parasites, hormone level testing, underactive thyroid testing and testing for pyrrole disorder. Make an appointment with a Perth nutritionist, a Perth iridologist or a Perth naturopath.
For further information or to speak with a naturopath, please contact the Cura clinic