Heavy Metal Testing Perth
Do you suspect you might have high levels of heavy metals?
Do you suffer from brain fog, fibromyalgia symptoms, fatigue, skin conditions or similar?
Do you work in the mining industry as a FIFO worker or industry which uses minerals or metals?
Do you feel you need to complete a detoxification program?
Hair Mineral Tissue Analysis
The Cura clinic uses this important test for patients to assess nutrition levels and toxic load in the tissue such as mercury poisoning.
The Hair mineral analysis (HMA) is a safe, non-invasive test that measures levels of elements and ratios of nutrients found in hair. The Cura Clinic has been testing heavy metals in Perth with Mediscan laboratories in combination with urinary load results. If you would like to get started and suspect toxicity such as mercury, get in touch and ask a question now.
A Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) can detect whether there is an excess or deficiency of vital nutrient minerals such as calcium, potassium, zinc and iron. It can also identify over-exposure to heavy metals such as lead, mercury, arsenic or aluminum and is therefore used for heavy metal testing. HMA is an invaluable screening tool in both every day and preventative health care by identifying heavy metals in the body.
Assessment of a patient’s elemental status is essential in optimising health and to assist with a correct diagnosis. Chelation therapy with therapeutic nutritional medicine is then used to balance the minerals in the body.
There is no other test that can inexpensively and effectively give you the information on the deficiencies and excesses of 38 minerals, trace elements and heavy metals that you need to balance for optimal health.
How do I test for them? Tests through the Cura clinic are now completed at the University of Western Australia (UWA) at the Mediscan facility. This facility has not only state-of-the-art analytical equipment, but also some of the best academic minds to provide the best results. The HMA test can be used for Heavy metal testing .
Why should you use a HMTA?
- detect whether there is an excess or deficiency of vital nutrients
- Identify over-exposure to toxic elements such as mercury poisoning
- Assess the need for a detoxification program (chelation) and progress of it
- monitor detoxification of toxic elements while chelation treatment is progressing
- Screen health and maximise health
- Mediscan hair testing facility is scientific-based
Take a look at our Sample report by clicking below
Sample Report – Hair Mineral Test Sample
What are the top symptoms of heavy metal poisoning?
There are a broad range of symptoms that you could be experiencing with heavy metal poisoning and increased levels of heavy metals. Some may include-
- Skin sores or itch such as eczema
- Joint pain
- Thyroid function changes such as Hashimoto’s
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Insomnia or sleep disturbances
- Depression or Anxiety
- Irritable bowel Syndrome
- Birth Defects or miscarriages
- Infertility and need for IVF support
- Weight gain
How do I Read a Hair Mineral Analysis Report?
Through extensive research and correlation of data, scientists and health professionals have established a reliable relationships between the levels of minerals and other elements in hair, and in the other tissues of the body.
Well trained health care professionals who understand nutritional biochemistry and also-
- have a good understanding of the inter-relationships of soil science, digestion, gastrointestinal function, tissue mineral science and environmental science
- understand how this affects deficiency, excess, imbalance and toxicity
- understand the relationship that “out of range” readings of a hair analysis test have in the development of metabolic disorders
- will be able to detect and correct the imbalances, before symptoms of disease manifest or progress into a further chronic state
- understand the need for nutritional chelation therapy and nutritional medicine
Do you think you could do with a detox? Contact the clinic for more information or help on detoxing.
Validity and Efficacy of HMA
The EPA in the USA actually endorses hair analysis. The USA Environmental Protection agency stated in a recent report that “…if hair samples are properly collected and cleaned, and analyzed by the best analytic methods, using standards and blanks as required, in a clean and reliable laboratory by experienced
personnel, the data are reliable.” (U.S.E.P.A. 600/4-79-049).
Furthermore, regarding toxic metals, the United States Environmental Protection Agency published a 300-page study in August 1979 which reviewed over 400 journal articles on hair testing. The authors concluded that hair is a “meaningful and representative tissue for biological monitoring for most of the toxic metals”.