The body undertakes a process called detoxification to eliminate toxins and be able to maintain a healthy balance of all its functions. It does this all day, and all night, working around the clock. We are constantly exposed to toxins that naturally occur within the body, and toxins from our surroundings. Humans have evolved to be able to withstand changes around us; but what happens when harmful toxins are evolving in a much quicker pace than we do, what with our fast developing modern world. What happens is that the body’s toxic burden is increased and it puts a lot of strain on its ability to cope.
Whether you want to eliminate the toxins that you are already exposed to, or just want to detox because you want to be in tip-top shape and be healthy optimally, we can help.
How do you get toxins and what are the signs?
Below are some signs and factors that say your body may be burdened with toxins and may need some support assisting detoxification:
- Multiple digestive issues
- Skin problems
- Hormonal problems
- Neurological issues
- Low energy, easily fatigued
- Difficulty losing weight or weight gain
- Food intolerances/sensitivities
- Coffee consumption, alcohol consumption, and smoking
- Diet composed of saturated fats, refined carbohydrates, and processed and/or pre-packaged foods
- Overweight or obesity
- Exposure to any kind of pollution and chemicals
- Exposure to new furniture and new cars
- Fertility and/or pre-conception care
Your very own personalised Detox Program
The detox program will be unique to your personal health need, and a common goal of reducing the toxins that are both currently inside the body, and any additional exposure as the body is strengthened to cope with it. In other words, improving your toxic resistance. A detox will hugely improve your wellbeing and overall health.
Below are key ingredients that assist with the detoxification:
- Milk thistle, gardenia, green tea. They stimulate the liver, improving the elimination of toxins.
- Ginger, dandelion, meadowsweet. They promote healthy digestion by upping the digestive juices and enzymes within the digestive system.
- Zinc and glutamine. Protects and heals the gut.
Renewed Life after Detox
During detox, and after it is done, it is important to reduce the toxic exposure that the body encounters throughout the day. A detox diet will be recommended to encourage eating clean, and reduction of toxins coming from food. The diet will be rich in fresh fruit and vegetables, low in animal fats, and will contain anti-inflammatory and alkalising foods.
Avoiding stress as much as possible would be helpful as well. The practitioner will investigate with you any chemicals coming from household cleaning items, personal care products, plastics from food containers or water bottles that could be bringing toxins and give recommendations on how to avoid or minimise exposure.
A regular detox would be advisable to maintain optimal health. The average detox is every six months, or twelve months. At the end of each detox program, you will surely be looking and feeling much better inside and out.
Want to get started?
Get in touch.