Detoxification not only increases your energy, but it also dramatically improves digestion, hormonal balance, weight issues, aches, and general healthy mood. A detoxification program would just be what you need to improve your health.
Where do you get toxins?
Toxins are everywhere and we get exposed to it daily. Though some are naturally produced within the body, most toxins come from the food we eat, and our surroundings. Alcohol, smoking, exposure to fumes, chemicals and pollution. These are the top toxins around us.
These environmental toxins damage cells and speed up ageing and cause diseases.
Those who tend to have more exposure and are at higher risks to health issues are plumbers, mine workers, builders, hairdressers, and those who work near or along roads. If you are one of them, it is important that you talk to a practitioner about a detox program as soon as possible.
Unavoidable Exposure to Toxins
Toxins are unavoidable and there’s no one who hasn’t been exposed to it at any point in their life. It is comforting to know that while we are constantly exposed to it, it is possible to help your body cope with it and flush it out efficiently, and in a natural and safe method at that. Not only will detoxification eradicate the toxins, but it will also improve the body’s ability to process and resist toxins.
Food for Detoxing
Any detox program would be incomplete without the following:
- Spriulina. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that promote detoxification. Particularly used in removing heavy metals from the body.
- Milk thistle. It can reduce the toxins’ effect on the liver.
- Amino acids from rice protein. It sticks itself to toxins and assist in their removal.
- Cape jasmine. Another key ingredient that protects the liver from the damages brought about by the toxins, and helps eradicate them.
- Detox-friendly diet. Eat more of plant-based foods — fresh fruit and vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, spices.
- Water. Drinking 2 to 3 litres of water a day helps flush out the toxins.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and processed foods.
- Organic vegetables in all colours and abundance!
Below are lifestyle tips that help with the detox:
- Switch to natural cleaning products, skin care products, and avoid those that have harmful chemicals which are absorbed by the lungs and can seep through the skin.
- Do moderate aerobic exercises 30 to 40 minutes, 3 to 4 times a week. Add one or two strength training sessions. This is to help the body flush out toxins through sweat, and stronger immunity.
- Dry skin brush the skin before going for a shower for at least 5 minutes daily.
- Avoid negative thoughts and reduce toxic emotions and stress.
- Get enough sleep
Need help with an effective, personalised detox program? Book with us now.