Help For Depression
Do you feel like there is a cloud over you?
Do you sometimes struggle to get going and feel motivated?
Do you feel there is more to life? Are you looking for a natural way to overcome depression like a natural antidepressant?
Natural Remedies For Depression
Depression is characterised by a feeling of intense sadness that is thought to be out of proportion to a stressful or sad event/situation, or may exist with no known causative event or circumstance. Thankfully there are a great deal of natural remedies for depression combining nutrition, dietary modifications and herbal medicine.
It is important to note:
- Depression is not simply normal sadness, being moody or just a low mood, but a serious illness. It causes both physical and psychological symptoms
- Depression is common. Up to one in four females and one in six males will experience depression in their lifetime
- Depression is the leading cause of suicide
- Depression is often not recognised or treated
- Current natural therapy treatments for depression are safe and effective
Depression becomes a disorder when the symptoms become severe enough to interfere with normal functioning for at least a few weeks (“major depression”) or when relatively mild but chronic (“dysthymia”). Depression is an illness that affects mood, thoughts and behaviour. Some symptoms often associated with depression are:
- fatigue or feeling excessively tired
- sleep disturbances
- loss of interest or pleasure in most activities
- changes in appetite
Natural therapy treatment can be used to treat these symptoms and most effectively, correct nutritional deficiencies often associated with depression.
Naturopathic Care in Depression
The following are some important points to consider when treating depression.
- Learn to breath. Various techniques such as meditation or buteyko breathing may help you master breathing correctly, but it might be as simple as just taking slow, deep, focused breaths during an anxiety attack.
- Neurotransmitter deficiencies. Herbal medicine and nutritional medicine can assist the correction of these imbalances. Consider taking some herbs for depression.
- Improve and maintain sleep quality. Insomnia and fatigue can result in a lack of self care and furthermore a lack of repair u0026amp; regenerate of the body during sleep.
- Have good digestion. Is your stomach and digestive function working well?
- Food choices are often not the best so a gentle shift toward nutrient dense foods and a move away from highly refined, nutrient empty, food
- Reduce stimulants such as coffee, tea, cigarettes and recreational drugs should be removed or at least reduced
Take the DASS questionaire to assess your levels of Anxiety, Stress or depression. Print the DASS questionaire by clicking the link. This questionnaire is useful to assess the severity of your symptoms. Please bring it along the your first consultation.
For further information or to make an appointment, get in touch.